The MGSEB Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) is a doctoral degree designed to enhance corporate executive, entrepreneur and professional practice. The programme is practically-oriented that is well suited for working professionals since there is combination of practical knowledge and critical thinking skills. Indeed, the program blends together three important components i.e.coursework, consultancy and training and dissertation.
Our DBA is designed to strengthen both the capability to develop knowledge and theory, and also the
application of it. Our DBA is suitable for:
• Experienced Senior
• Senior Manager
• Management Educators
Our DBA program aims:
• To equip top level managers at government and private organisations with depth knowledge in business administration and be able to manage contemporary global business issues.
• To develop competent researchers that are able to generate new knowledge in business administration.
• To equip business leaders with recent theories that can be applied to various business entities at local and international markets.
• To generate human capital with excellent communication skills, competitive and able to perform lifelong learning.
• To generate professional human capital that is highly capable in entrepreneurship, managing information, and with creative and innovative thinking.
TEACHING AND LEARNING APPROACH
At MGSEB, we believed in Student Centered Learning (SCL) as compared to the traditional learning approach i.e. Teacher Centered Learning. This approach focuses on the needs, abilities, interests, and learning styles of the students.Lecturer will act as a facilitator to the learning process. Indeed, SCL creates interesting and vibrant discussion among students, strengthens student motivation, encourages mutual respect, promotes peer communication, builds student-lecturer relationships and exchange of ideas, promotes active @ discovery learning, and students take responsibility for self-learning. In this context, students will take charge in exploring the knowledge, researching relevant information for subject matter of interests and develop their soft skills to effectively communicate their findings. We use multiple-dimensional approaches in applying SCL such as Problem Based Learning, Case Study, Entrepreneurship Strategy Simulation, Industry Lecture Series and many others.
PROGRAMME AND CURRICULUM STRUCTURE
|Curriculum Component||Credit Hours|
|Consultation and Training||15|
|1.||Sustainability & Environmental Economics|
|2||Advanced Financial Decision|
|3||Advanced Marketing Strategy|
|4||Seminar in Accounting & Control|
|5||Seminar in Human Resource Management|
|6||Seminar in Strategic Management|
|7||Consultancy and Training|
|8||Seminar in Entrepreneurial Leadership|
|9||Advanced Business Statistics|
|10||Advance Research Methodology / Case Methodology|